Tips for keeping your kidneys healthy:
- Hydrate, remember 4-6 glasses of water a day!
- Exercise, or simply move a little every day! (Get those steps in!!)
- Eat healthy, remember your fruits and veggies.
- Don't smoke, that's a given, c'mon!
- Don't overdo it with over-the-counter medications, they can really do a number on your liver.
- If you think you might be at risk for Kidney Disease, then schedule a screening.
“If you have either diabetes or high blood pressure, your physician should screen for kidney dysfunction as part of routine care for those conditions,” Dr. Simon says.
Here are the other main awareness months in March:
- National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- National Endometriosis Awareness Month
- Red Cross Month
- National MS Education and Awareness Month
And we will be rallying support for these causes all month! Tell all your friends and family about your cause and how to show support (maybe wearing some Bravelets bracelets!)